Monday, June 25, 2007

The Fair! The Police! Boston Madness!


Are you Ready for the Summer????


Our first weekend of Summer begins with a County Fair, then an outdoor Concert, with Sunday bringing us out to the Ball Game.


Not to shabby this only being the 5th day of summer.
So hang on, we have much to report!



First Nothing says County Fair Like!





The Ring Toss!
Can You believe it!
Just Because they liked my Face they started to have a sale on Rings. Normally it was 20 rings for two dollars. However, Just because....
They had a Five Minute special 40 rings for 2 dollars. Shhhh! Don't tell the others! This Booth could get closed down for slashing prices so low!

Good News. With double the chances, I was still unable to succeed at this Midway Game.




After the Tossing of the Rings I worked up quite an appetite. With so many choices of quality food at the fair, like Deep Fried Pepsi, or Deep Fried Oreos. I chose something a little less fatting.
Yes, a 10lbs Turkey Leg.

It is fun to look like Henry the VIII at the fair. I think it apart of the Carney Way of Life.






Eating all that Turkey can get you a little tired. So I needed a pick me up.
And the Fair is famous for some Super Tonic that not only give you energy, but grows hair thicker than a Carpet.
But I figured I have great hair I wanted something different!

Something that you can bye only at the fair and is probably free everywhere else you go!
So I bought something we all get for free. Oxygen. I was pretty excited. And the oxygen people got excited too when I asked if it was ok to smoke.

No Sense of humor when it comes to open flames and Oxygen.





Kind of a bad Photo, but this here is an article from the Friday paper in the Union Tribune. It seems that this group from Milwaukee, have found the musical "fusion" of the Beatles and Metallica!
Side Note "Fusion" a new buss word when it comes to joining two apposing forces like I don't know Communisms and Capitalism together and calling something like a French Fry a Freedom Fry. Not really a good example since the French are a Republic, but sometimes you have to explain that to people. Maybe a better example would be the joining of Barbecue Chicken on a Pizza. Why on earth would you need chicken on a pizza, but it seems that true Republicans still order Freedom Fries. (Mental Patients!) But, that is the Beauty of America.

Kind of a bad example, but these dudes combines the beauty of the Beatles with the Hard Rock of Metallica. Wow! Let me tell you it is exactly what the world of rock has been missing. There is something quite gratifying when you here the song "I Want to Hold Your Hand" by the Beatles and having the Hard Rock Sound of Metallica with the new words being "I Want to Choke Your Band"

Much fun and a great show to see!




As you can see I am now the 5th member of Beatallica! I am the one with the short hair. Kind of a sell out for the band. That is probably why they kick me out of the group after or first photo together. Apparently the Thumbs up sign is too Fonzi for the Group!

No hard feelings, because it seemed that I had other adventure that needed attention and being in a band right now would interfere with my charity work!




But I just Couldn't get the Band out of my Head. I could always to Charity Work, but Now is the Time to be a Rock Star!

Now what to do? Being a Rock Star without a band! Even though I was only in the band for 6 seconds I had now had the fever of a Juke Box Hero!

As you can see, My only Solution is...
I need to start my own band!











So I came up with this great idea. A three member band! We would call ourselves Two Cops and a Son of a Con!

But, they said their real jobs as Police would interfere with Rehearsals, and they don't work with Con's Children.

Plus they said if they wanted to really be in a band they would want to be called "The Police!"




Silly Buggers! They already have a band called The Police.

So here I am getting ready to see the Super Reunion Tour of The Police.

A reunion is basically a polite way of saying, we were once a band, now I am better than you, and I see you need some more money from our earlier projects. So I agree to tour with you two dudes to help you get some coin. And hey, this time manager your money better, because I have more important things to do like sing about Russia's Children.







Anyway, See the Dude in the Yellow Coat. Well, he probably recognize me from my Photo Session with Beatallica.

I had a ticket to the show.
Just not a front row tickets. As a matter of fact if you turned the stadium around I was in front row, but it just seemed easier for me to come closer to the band than the band moving all the way up to see me. The Security Guard agreed with this logic and will only armed with only white pants, a camera, and a smile!




Front Row Center for the Concert!

THE ENTIRE SHOW!










Including The Opening Band

The Foo Fighters!

Who By the Way is the Band Chad Really wanted to see!

Wait you might be asking???

What happened to your date???

Where is the Chad???


Chad got a Sex Change and Now Calls Himself Malia!

Actually, I Told Chad "Hey, I know you bought the tickets but you can't go. I want to meet this chick!"

OK the real story!
See my date was to be Chad! But it seems that Chad had the business in Seattle. So, Malia, became the New Chad.

Except, while in the concert, The Guards liked my White Pants Better than her Black Trousers and while I was in front row center taking photos of myself. She was just Right of Center and we could not seem to find each other.

The Good news is that we did find each other at the end of the show. Since she had the keys to the car, my ID and of course Credit Card. It was a good thing. It is hard to start the car with white pants a camera.
We both had a great time! Fun Show!





Oh Yea!

This Crazy Dude was Had a Ticket!

He thought my idea of coming closer to the band rather than the band coming closer to me was a great idea.





Wait! I almost forgot! Brian from Boston was in Town!

And Why?

Well, it seems the Padres had a three game series against the Red Sox!







So while I was taken out to the Ball Game and the Crowd






A new Adventure Came Up!






These were our seats during the game until the 7th inning. When Ron's Guest Harry O asked me if I wanted to see something really cool!



Sure Harry No Problem!








So we took a quick tour of the Sony Dough out Lounge and Seats. Also a quick tour of the Cox Box and what tour behind Petco Stadium would be complete without going into the Broadcast booth for a few moments.

Yes, Only Armed with a Camera and this time White Shorts Another wonderful adventure!











The Bad news was the Padres Lost.
The Yankees Lost as well and as of this posting are about 11 games behind Boston!

But the good news is it was nice to see the typical Angry Bostonian Smile and Shave his Chest Hairs to let the world know what city he was from.

Fun People when they win! Probably the Best! However, when they loose.
Well, RUN! and Run for your life!




So to show I was a good sport and a good host of San Diego to our visitors from Boston. I bought them a round of their favorite Drinks. What is that favorite drink? I don't know! See everyone has a different favorite drink. Personally I really enjoy Club Soda with lime. I also do enjoy a good dirty martini.

But the Better News was that our waitress let me bye her a drink. And as a bonus, I got to carry the drinks to our table, and as a special treat, bus the table as well. She was from Maryland.


After doing our waitress job for about 15 minutes, of serving drinks and closing out tabs, she agreed to take our photo. Which was very nice.
What was not so nice is that she did not tip me out! (Not nice Ms. Maryland)

But here is our celebration photo of our victorious friends from Boston!









Good Night!

You have all been Beautiful!











Walter

No comments: