Thursday, June 21, 2007

Lets Go Camping in June!


Is it possible Walter is on the Road Again?


Why Yes he is.

And this month is dedicated to CAMPING!

So if you are ready for the Summer....

Please Sing along...
"Are you ready for the Summer.... Are You ready for the Good Times... Good Times! Are you ready for the Something Something, the Something Something. Are you Ready for the Summer Alright!" To get the tune down I recommend Renting Meatballs with Bill Murry!




Ok so here we go. It has been a while but we have many updates.

First off as you can see I am now a Life Guard, or at least I am certified in Life Saving skills.

Which is always good on a date. Sometimes it seems that I get the ladies a little sick with my non-sense. I have lost one already this year to this, but now at least I have the ability to administer CPR for bad dates.


So our first Camping Story involves Indoor Camping.

Indoor Camping involves, Rootbeer Floats, Pop-Corn and of course plenty of sugar!

These young people are Joe's Children. As some of you know Joe is a friend of mine moving back to California with his family.

So Joe is Staying with me while he sets up "shop" in San Diego. The kids and wife visited for two days and then went back to Arizona.

Being the Good "Uncle Walter" that I am I purchased "Meatballs" the movie and we played summer camp that night at the house. Yes, this is the movie with our theme song of this blog!



"So, what do you want to do with your life?"

Is the question posed to me on my super Camping month of June. The Camping god's came down to me and basically said "Walter, Well are you going to be a rock star or what?"


Well, Keep reading and we will come back to this fun question later. I promise.

But First...



Beach Camping.....

Yes thats right! The only thing you need for beach camping is Fire Wood Ice and Beer..

Unless your a Hirchag! Then you need....








An R.V.

Plus
Surfboards, Chairs, Whine, Cheese, maybe a little barbecue, Rope, Towels, Diapers, And Extra Vehicle like a pick up truck (not shown in this photo)

Oh Yes, Lets us not forget the olives. Well, I brought the olives. Whine and cheese is so empty without the olives.



See that guy in the back of the above photo?

Yea that guy, well it is also this guy. And who is this guy?

Well, it is Terry Hirchag the King Hirchag. He said to me at the beach party...
"Hey, Walter Want to do some real camping?"


"Yea, why not! I love eating olives outside."









Well, a week later I found myself with a 50lbs back on. It seems that maybe olives are best left for the beach.

For some of you more perceptive readers you might be saying "Hey aren't those the shoes Walter used when climbing the Leaning Tower of Pisa. Yep! These new Balance Shoes were made for Walking, and that's just what they do, and One of these days these New Balances Just Might Walk,.... Well who knows, but it is exciting to find out. Don't you Agree?








Now even though I looked happen at the bottom of the Hike as I do here! Probably because I just had some beef Jerky and a fresh orange...











I looked a little more like this at the end of the trip. even though My insides felt more like the above photo.

It was great... Here are some more photos of this super trip....









Trail to Lake Bishop. We climbed about 2000 feet in elevation this day. It was Great! Time about 3 hours.


Note this...
Hike home about an Hour. Pack from 50lbs to about 25 lbs. No more olives or beens to travel with.






These Next Photos are of the Camp Site we stayed at.

This is the back side of our site. With the Mountains. We climb a path up their to another lake an caught about 30 Fish between Myself Timmy, and Terry. I caught the biggest fish at this part of the trip, but there is a bigger and you will see that later.



Oh Yea, I keep singing climb Every Mountain like I did In Austria.

This photo is Austria. You can tell I am in Europe because of my Man Sweater. I am also wearing my New Balance shoes.

As you can see I did this part of my European Experience by myself.

But That is an entirely different story and does not need to be mention




Now Back to America.....


This is the lake! It was Beautiful. As a matter of fact do you see the snow covered mountains in the background? Well, When we were hiking we found water falls, and filled our thermoses with this fresh water. I am telling you it was the best water I ever drank. As a matter of fact, we also had "Snow flavored" Snow Cones. No paper cups, just our hands






As mentioned before I caught the biggest fish, Until Terry here angled a Brown Trout!


This Mother had to be about 5lbs. That is a big fish. As a matter of fact that is a huge fish considering we were at 11,000 feet above sea level.

I wondered how many cans of Olives this fish packed to climb up this high.











Now as you can see we are cooking our catch. Now this part is important. Terry above, reads some sign about no camp fires.

Now we need to cook our food. It is Saturday night and we make a small fire for two fish and 3 cans of beans. We are going to leave the mountain the next morning, because this just well sucks.

Sunday Morning Timmy here in the photo and Terry Sr. Go for a quick fish before we are to leave. They meet some other campers. It seems that Terry JR. was the wrong. We can have fires at this altitude, and because of this new found knowledge we stay Sunday and these fish die. I guess those fishes wished we never met those campers.


Here is the sunset from our camp site. It was great!

Also note this when the sun goes down in the Mountains the temperature, drops from a comfortable 70 degrees to a wonder 50 degrees in about 30 mins.

That is why it is so important to have a fire! Not only for food, but for comfort.









Just thought is make a nice photo. Anyway, besides Fish Assholes this place also sells bug repellent. Which is good. I just forgot to spray my forehead. Now I look like I have some type of crazy strand of the measles.










Another neat country sign we encountered on our adventure back down the mountain.



So in closing....



What did we learn!

Alot. Olives are heavy and fish takes longer to cook in hight altitudes.








Wait a minute Buddy? What about the earlier Camping man when you were going to tell us what you were going to do with your life.



Almost forgot sorry mountain men!









Are you Ready!

I am going to be

Audrey Hepburn

No! That is Crazy!

Actually I am going to be a tap dancer! Well, I already know how to do that!

But for real...





I have started a new Company for myself. I just today June 21st. The longest day(light) day of the year have been incorporated.

Named after my Grandfather's Soda Company

I am now Brookdale Enterprises Doing Business as...
Captain Wholesale (Well maybe)
But I am getting my wholesale and brokers license for autos.

I have also landed a job, your never going to believe this. YUP! I am officially a sailing Instructor. I also have booked an additional Training on July 20th -24th. I will receive two additional Certifications when this is over.



Tuesdays, at the Joan Kroc Center, I have volunteered to assist with swimming for some of there members.

My first day was very interesting. But after a few moments of realizing that watching them swim into each other, maybe I should not volunteer to watch them swim, but help their progress. It was neat looking forward to helping out more.

Finally I am going to See the Police this weekend and planing on a fun trip to Vegas with Chad.



Have a great Summer!








Love Walter

No comments: