Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Presidents Day Weekend!


President Day Weekend...

It started out a little different than I expected, but it seemed to work out great.

First I was going to go to Utah and visit my sister, but after talking to her she said we could do most of what is needed over the phone.

So with that itinerary change the New Weekend Plan went a little something like this...



First off I received a call from Gabe Houston..That is this guy on the left and his dog Richie. The dog does not talk. Anyway, his father is in the Dominican Republic for a little while so he invited me to stay at his fathers house in Huntington Beach next to the Ocean. It was super fantastic. We hung out for awhile as well as told some super funny stories. I think he could be funnier than me.

And since Chad was out of town and so was my father, my dogs were looked after by John Hill and his Wife.



Well, what to do in Huntington. Well first a nice walk for coffee and a couple of smokes and then I looked across the Pacific and noticed this beautiful Island. It has a name They call it Catalina. As you can see I really did not discover anything, but I did take the Express over and enjoyed the afternoon.









As I was having a European Lunch. Olives Meat and of course a beer, this nice couple decided it was a good day to get Married.

And believe it or not it was. I too was once married on February 17th, but instead of an 85 degree day at Catalina I was married in Colorado in 32 degree snow.

Both were very nice events. The entire beach clapped when they finished the ceremony
Extra Notice about the 17th of February. It is Janine Sanchez's Birthday. Happy Birthday.


To continue the fun in Catalina, rented some kayaks. The Water was beautiful and smooth. It seems that I had much fun in the sun this day and it help create a better base for my springtime tan.

Also note that it is important to take Gabe's Advice. Because he said staying until 7:30 would be too long, staying until 6 was long enough. Well, I didn't listen to him and he was right. But I did listen to him about the suggestion for the Hawaiian Styled French Toast with Peanut Butter. It was Great!


This Happy fellow is Terry Hirchag. For a time reference it is now February 18th. Also a side note. This is Liz Rogers Birthday. Happy Birthday.

Anyway, Terry is Tracy's Brother. He is happy because he is no longer on vacation. Here he is helping Tracy make shelves for his Jacuzzi. Tracy creates silly little projects for himself when his wife Jennifer is out of town.




So while the mountain men made shelves I decided to get my art on. As you can see I created a painting that I like to call, "Paint on Canvas". You might also notice the drawing on top of my painting. Yes, that is correct it is my self portrait, if I was a girl and the age of 7. No really that is a drawing that Madison made. Madison is Tracy's Daughter.






After my Art was over Tracy and Terry gave me a little slack that I could not do the type of men work they were doing.

So.....


I showed them and built a log cabin.






And in true Walter Fashion I got a little cocky and built one upside down too.





As you can see I can put a household upside down as well. What an engineering marvel.

However, no matter how constructionally sound these two buildings were it was no match for


This Crazy 4 year old Jackson. It seems that to Jackson, log cabins are best to destroy not create. Maybe he should not be invited to Olson's cabin in Idaho.














But if destroying my architecture was not enough, Jackson got his sister Madison and decides it would be fun to try to break Walter. Well, thank God for me I used my special secrete weapon. "Hey, Tracy! The kids are using foul language again!" What a beating! Ha! Ha! Ms. Seven and Mr Four I got your Wagon!


Na, I would not tell their father that, I just beat them myself. Hell, I'm 35!







So in closing...

Evey rose my have it's thorn...

But...










Every Cloud has its SILVER LINING!

Or in this case of this cloud...
Just Remember to have a Good Year!




Talk to you soon.


Love
Walter

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi walter, I dont have a blog, this is Emily Tims cousin, my sister who you never met, just sent me this because she saw our cousin terry's picture, anyways cute blog.