Monday, January 15, 2007

Am I in the Sound Of Music???



January 15th, 2007



So in the morning, I wake up. And to make a long story short. I down loaded some additional songs on my Ipod from The Sound of Music.

I was staying at St. Ellens in Venice. It is an old convent or an Abby as I learned over the Holiday Season while watching the movie "Sound of Music" Did I tell you about the Puppets? It seems Walter is leaving the Abby of Venice to venture into Austria. Well, I can't say I dance into a field, that would be a lie. Before we left Venice at 7am the streets were empty. I put on the song Climb every Mountain... I Ran thew the streets with my arms in the air like an airplane. It was a great moment. No once could see me in the fog, yet I could see them..

We are now leaving Austria in a city called Innsbruck. Small like Luzerne, and peaceful like Assisi kind of a combination of the two.

We went into St. James Church and then the Chrystal Shop to look at some beautiful Chrystal. This is a photo of a Chrystal Wedding cake.



Anyway, we then had an hour to ourselves. I started to walk south thru town and found a restaurant close to our meeting area. I did not want to have to run again to catch up with the group. I went inside and then realized that this was going to be like an 45 minute style lunch. I love that, but I really wanted to enjoy my food, without feeling rushed on Turbo Tour.

So, I decided OK, I will do it I will have a Big Mac. It is very tourist to have McDonald’s while in Europe, so lets go….


As I now was walking North towards the McDonalds I noticed a small little market with meats in the window. I purchased two sandwiches, one ballonie , the other salami both with cheese. I also found some Olives, and two Pilsner beers. This large meal was only about $8 American Dollars and I was quite excited about that. Anyway, I then walked back to the area of St. James, because I decided to have myself a little picnic. So I was able to sit in tranquility across from the church and enjoy my lunch. Here is a photo of my lunch and my view. IT WAS WORHT THE EFFORT. And the best part of all. No running for the Buss.

On to Germany…


So we go to the Chuck E Cheese of Breweries. I leave. I get a beer then loan mine so someone can take a photo of it. That is ok, because some one lends me their beer for this photo. It makes not sense, but you don drink less and meet more people.


So I leave and WOW the magic begins.





I just walk out the door and see this bar. I say ok! Lets meet the people. I meet Paul, he is from Czech Republic, he has never hear of my father. Anyway, he is a people and we start a taking, and we have a beer. It was a good. Remember this...
His English is much better than my Czech or German. He was fun...


Then




These other local people say to me. "Hey, we a taka your picture.. Better than you take photo of bartender". I say. "Not better but different".. Ok we all agree.. We taka a photo of a me. It was a fun.. We all a smile and a shake a hand.. I like the a Germans. The a fun bunch a people.








And we also agreed that this bar was more a funa than the place I was a befora. Here is photo of The Chuck E Cheese Bar. It is Crazy in there.





the extra is not "a" like Canadian, but an "aaa" sound like German. It is hard for me to type in dialect.

I guess I need to practice my Mark Twain writing skills more.









Just as a side note It seems that Andy Warhol is following me. This is an original.. I guess it could be worse, Andy Griffin could be following me...

Side note to Andy... Fifteen Minutes of Fame is ok. But you forgot one thing what did you measure a minute by.

For the What is he talking about....
time is a measurement of man. Therefore, 15 minutes is relative. Thank you Mr. Albert Einstein. The good news about time is that you can waist it or Live it. We the People Live it.


Another side note....

In Austria Went to Super Chrystal Place. It had this really neat Wedding Cake make out of Chrystal. Good news you now get to see it too. Hope you enjoy... I

















So to close todays theme.... CLIMB EVERY MOUNTAIN.....
Please note this is a lion to look like a Zebra not a donkey painted like a zebra to look like a donkey.. That is a Tijuana Tourist Joke.

But no joke to the Tijuana people. Just their Donkey's or more like the people who think that they are Zebras, But then again that is why we love the tourist. WE go to the Chuck E Cheese of Beer.










We Enjoyed today.. We hope you did too.

No comments: