Sunday, January 21, 2007

So Where Is Walter? Coming Back Home!


January 21st, 2007


There is No Place Like Home! This is me doing my best Dorthy except instead of using ruby slippers I am using Red Wooden Shoes.


“We're Coming to America! Today!”


Yes, a little Neil Diamond to finish our European Blog. Well, today I leave Germany going back for the final week in New York going for a week of Comedy school. I perform exactly a week from today at 6pm in New York City. It is quite exciting.


Bye the way these are the nice Germans that were on our tour. They invited me to stay with them for a while. I will be. Really Nice and fun people, We had a few drinks together, as well as breakfast every morning. When I actually sat down... Now to continue.


Besides trying to update the blog, I edited about 1500 photos yesterday with Laura, Eric’s Wife and she and I put together a DVD slide show of the adventures of “He Is With The People” starting on October 17th, 2006 to yesterday.

If you would like a copy of it please email me at wruskin@cox.net and I will make sure you get a copy.

It has been life changing in the fact that I have taken the time to let yesterday go and be ready for our today and “make an actual plan for tomorrow”

So thank you for your support and see you all soon. I will give some small updates on the Comedy school, but I will be putting much effort into my work, so I may not be able to daily.

Please read the events of the past few days as we say good by to Europe for now, and Hello USA today.

God Bless

Walter

January 20th, 2007


I know we have already seen this photo but it kind of summarizes this trip since that basically started in October in Idaho.

Currently Laura is playing “Dream On!” by Aero-Smith, and this is a great song to end a great trip.

We have seen many things together. Me more, because I was here, but a lot none the least.

I have learned about the people and culture of the Europeans. I have learned a little more about Americans people and culture.

I know that really I need is what I carry, and what I don’t I store far away.

I have become reborn in the human condition, and realize that with no activity you will kill the gift of life.

So now What?

Well, Dream On! Important! But, what is more important is the living of that dream. Not letting language, fear, location, other’s expectations, my expectations, interfere with the journey.

Personally, I am always looking for the final answer. Looking for the ultimate answer and everything else will just be fine. But that is just not true. Life is too dynamic for one final answer, and it is the new adventure of today that ensures balance in one's life. Closer from the past is important, and we must remember that you may never forget something, but that does not mean that you don't have a chance to use that knowledge in a healthy way. Today, is just as perfect as 3 years ago or 15 years ago or even tomorrow. It is nice to remember and it is nice to think about tomorrow, but never let it paralyze you from doing good now. Can you teach this outlook? I don’t know, but I know I had it once in my life, buried it, and have dug it up again like an old artifact.

To summarize my experience in an artistic way it would be best to sum it up with a description of the Michelangelo’s slave sculptures and David Exhibit. You see these huge marble carvings all incomplete works of art at different stages of development, with finally the perfect “David” in your presents at the end of the exhibit.

So What? Well, at any given time we are beginning works all the way to a finished product. The idea is not to stop once one thing has been achieved, or only focus on one final solution. Keep going, go back to an old project, maybe start a new, but what ever you do never stop once you have master one aspect of your life. Dream On!


God Bless and God Speed
Walter Joseph Rusniaczek



January 19th, 2007

Ok new venture today. The Tour has an extension and it went to London. However, since started in London, I decided that I would just leave from Amsterdam. It started out great and has been an adventure. As normal I need to figure out transportation to the Train Station. Not too hard, however, before I could go I needed to find my Glasses. The good news was that I left them across the street from the night before playing pool. The other good news was is that they were open and they were still there. Next I took the trolley to the Tran Station. Now the fun begins.

Well, it seems that the weather has changed a bit, and it also seems that all trains going into Germany from the Netherlands are not going to leave today as planned. As a matter of fact they are not realy sure if they will work for some time.

Great! So, what to do now. Smoke, Ok after that I decided Plane! Yup! Airport. Wait! How do I get to the Airport. HMMMMMMM! Got it! TRAIN! 2 eros for that and now we are on the right ttrack. Ok. At the airport. What carrier? When do they leave? HMMMMM! Info booth. Great idea. Now I was recommended by many travelers KLM airlines. Well, guess what? Other train people had the same Idea, and they were giving number. MY number was B586. The Numbers were on B789. The lady said don’t worry when it gets to B999 it will roll over to B001. HMMMMMM! HMMMMMMM again. I got it. Another carrier. So back to info land and I say HMMMMMM, KLM is a great carrier, because the entire flinging population wants to be with them. So She suggest Lufthansa. Good news! No one is waiting there is no line. And they have two seats left. Just one small little problem. A small Delay…..But more on that later.

Now it is time to use the phone. Once again telecommunications seems to be very challenging for me. I know how to push buttons, I am doing that now typing this to you.

Well, first we try my pre paid European Cell phone. It is still not happy and I guess feels it is beneth it to actually connect me to the people I attempt to call, it just yells at me in German. I got it a pay phone. So I go over.

These pay phones in Europe look like N.A.S.A. Stations, and you need a degree from M.I.T to actually make it work. First you must figure out where the “please speak English is located” Ok next some want a coin for a attempt to call an 800 number, but then gives it back to you just because it is a free call. Next after you realize that it really has no use for any of the four different types of phone cards I have you look for the “Sorry Eric I have to call collect” It took 4 attempts to actually speak with an operator. Only four because the first three times I had an operator hung up the phone. That was fun.. But Eric has his super I don’t take collect call feature I find a credit card to continue the call. Great! Oh by the way because of my out of country purchases both credit cards on the same day decide to put a hold on them until they can hear from me. Another fantastic Challenge, but all is ok now.

But thru it all, when Laura was contacted, the new plan was going to fly out at 8:40pm and I changed all my pounds into Euros.

One more neat thing. So I go thru security again. I bought two Swiss Army Knives in Switzerland. So I go thru and of course the bell goes off walking thru. Now my carry on has already passed once before earlier. Guy comes Hey Knife must throw away. Wait can’t I just check in this backpack and come back. Ok know problem. Run back to ticket counter. Guy at counter says you have been here before today. “Yea, I have been here all day.” Cool. Ya, you can’t check that bag in because it is beyond your weight limit. Then the fun looks. I just stand there. I looks at me. Ok man no problem.

Story over, NAAAAA because when I go back thru security I apparently had two knives in the other bag. One gone. It happens. Remember I know not to have knives on my carry on, but I was train bound to begin the day….

So with a good attitude, and a little luck, I made it

No comments: